Public Sector Union Agreement 2020
HSUWA members have voted in favour accepting the offer from the Department of Health for a new Union Agreement 2020.
This was after the Union’s Committee of Management voted to accept the Offer, subject to a Ballot of Members.
Key Terms of the Offer
- Pay increase of $1000 from 1 July 2020 (back paid) and $1000 from 1 July 2021. (Flat dollar amount that will be pro-rata for part-time employees).
- Casual Loading increase to 22% and then 25%.
- Superannuation on unpaid Parental Leave (up to 12 weeks).
- Review process for employees on Fixed Term Contracts and Casuals after two years employment.
- Better rights when it comes to securing different Work Arrangements.
- Two-year term 1 July 2020 to 30 June 2022.
- No loss of entitlements or conditions.
What Happens Next?
The Member Ballot closed Friday 4 September 2020 with 90% voting in favour of accepting the Offer.
Next is finalising the wording (to properly included the new clauses in the Offer within the Agreement) with WA Health.
Then the Union Agreement 2020 will be lodged in the Western Australian Industrial Relations Commission for registration.
When registered, the pay and conditions changes will take effect. We expect this to be October or November2020.
Have a question?
Come to one of our workplace or virtual meetings! (details to come)
Talk to your Union Rep! Talk to your fellow members! Call the union on 9328 5155 or email at email@example.com
Remember Being Union Counts!
This new Union Agreement 2020 is a win for union members. It provides for a pay rise and improvements to your conditions. It is only through strong membership that we can achieve such gains.
Thousands of potential members enjoy the benefits under this long established Union Agreement. They can do this only because of the efforts of HSUWA members now and over previous decades.
If you have a friend or colleague who is not a member, have a chat with them. This is a win for all, because of union members. Join.